You will need:
- Yarn or string
- Masking tape
- Funky foam (green)
- Skewers or lolly sticks
- Flower pot (optional)
- Tissue/newspaper (optional)
- Ribbon (optional)
- Loop yarn around your fingers until you have a decent sized bundle. We used pink yarn here but any colour could be used, as well as ribbon/different coloured yarn in one flower to add interest.
- Tie a length of yarn around the middle of the bundle to secure and snip the looped ends.
- You have now made a pompom (further tutorials and pompom making instructions are available on the web).
- Pinch a couple of strands of the pompom and tape securely to a skewer. We used skewers to make a nice long stem, but lolly sticks will work just as well.
- Cut two leaves from green funky foam, leaving a little excess to tape to the base of the flower stem. Tape down to secure.
- Wrap tape all the way down to the bottom of the stem and your flower is finished.
- Continue making flowers until you have enough for a bunch. If you wish to display them in a pot, we decorated a flower pot, and stuffed newspaper/tissue in it to secure.
- A nice ribbon could be tied round your flowers if you would rather present them to your loved one like this.
All items (or similar) are available from Play Resource Shop & Scrapstore.
Find other ideas like this one: