You will need:
- 15cm polyballs
- Acrylic paint (various colours)
- PVA glue/glue gun
- Sharpie marker
- Masking tape
- Cola bottles/tubes/cones – scrap
- Various sizes of paintbrushes
- Cut a cola bottle in half and cover in masking tape to make the base. We have also used scrap cones and tubes.
- Paint the base white, and one half of a 15cm polyball red. Leave to dry. One polyball will make two toadstools.
- Paint five lollysticks (or use coloured lollysticks), leave to dry and glue onto the front of the base.
- Glue one lollystick diagonally across the front of the fairy door.
- Glue on beads or stickers to decorate the door.
- Using a finer brush, paint snowflakes and spots onto the toadstool cap.
- Add strong glue to the top of the base or use a glue gun to attach the cap to the base.
- As an alternative to masking tape, use mod roc to cover the entire surface of the base/cap to create your toadstool.
- Make in a range of sizes to create a fairy forest! If you wish to display them outside, be sure to use an outdoor varnish.
All items (or similar) are available from Play Resource Art & Craft Shop & Scrapstore.
Find other ideas like this one:acrylic paint bottles coke bottles cones fairy house polyball scrap toadstools tubes