You will need:
- Bottle tops
- Collage materials to decorate
- Draw a circle on your paper; this will be the size of your mandala. You can trace around an object such as a plate, a roll of packing tape or a cardboard ring.
- Draw one line horizontally in the centre of your circle, then another vertically, so that you have four equal quadrants in the circle.
- Start by gluing a small circular object such as a bottle top onto the centre of your large circle.
- Use scrap materials to create organic shapes coming out of each of the four quadrants from the small circle.
- Working from the “negative” spaces in your current design, glue down additional pieces of different shaped scrap items like rope, lids, cord until you are happy with how it looks. Be as creative as you like.