You will need:
- Plastic Tray
- Foam – SCRAP
- Split Pins
- Gemstones self adhesive
- Cut four strips of card approx. 45cm x 1.5cm, and punch a hole half way along each.
- Use a plastic tray for the base, and cellotape the first 2 strips to the pot in a X shape.
- Attach the other 2 card strips the same way.
- Create the bird by trimming a piece of foam into shape.
- Add details like beads for eyes and feathers using glue.
- Attach a string to suspend the bird in the cage.
- Line up all the centre holes and pass a split pin through to attach string to the cage.
- Cover the tray using coloured masking tape, and add some gems etc. to decorate.
Find other ideas like this one: