You will need:
- Red Card
- Gold Glitter Glue
- Gold Card
- Gold/Silver Gel Pen
- First cut 7 long “fingers” of red card, approx. 6cm x 20cm. Decorate these with glitter glue and leave to dry.
- Cut 8 sqaures of 10cm from gold card. Fold each piece in half, and then fold those edges into the centre to make 8 thin strips. Punch a hole at the end of each one.
- To make the tassel, wrap some thread around a 20 cm piece of cardboard several times, then slide off, tie ends and cut to length.
- Staple the 7 red fan pieces together along their edge. Also staple each of the 8 thin strips of gold card to each fold on the fan, and at the ends.
- Thread the tassel through the holes at the bottom of the gold strips, and tie to secure. Decorate with Chinese script using gold gel pen.
All items (or similar) are available from Play Resource Shop & Scrapstore.Back to Ideas & Inspiration